This blog will slowly reveal some of the most powerful secrets know and used in the marketing community to date. This blog will discuss everything from opt in email newsletters, to copywriting, to direct mail with a focus on business growth strategies to make small businesses into large ones. It will also show ways of transforming businesses and watching them grow exponentially by in particular how to improve lead creation and conversion systems already in place.

Monday, July 31, 2006

“A SECRET ALMOST EVERYONE READING THIS KNOWS BUT NEVER TAKES ADVANTAGE OF”
Hey there friend,

Today I stumbled on something that I’d hate to admit but I’m going to spill the beans to you guys first, so here it is- I really like Mondays! Yes imagine the irony, the years and years of struggle I’ve been putting myself through to get through the to glitz and glamour that is the end of the week only to realise I’m a fan of the first day. Now I never said I wasn’t crazy, so bare with me for a little bit on this one. Now those of you who go to the gym will be able to relate to me on this one, I go to the gym about five times a week and like most things I do I take it pretty seriously as I want to be the best I can be. Now I follow a periodised cycle which basically means you start lifting a wait that is comfortable for you at a certain number of reps and you keep doing that amount of repetitions each week but you increase the weight until you reach you maximum. So eventually you get the business end of the cycle where you grid it out pound for pound, kilometre by kilometre to get every last ounce of strength gain possible.

Now the weirdest thing about all this is you train all week five days a week, Monday to Friday in my case but in my opinion the only day that really counts is Monday. On Monday I do my chest which is always the hardest because you have to get back into the swing of things after two days of not training but the great thing about each Monday is it’s the only day you can really gauge your improvement from the previous week. When you think about it, it’s due, you train every day but the only time you can really gauge your improvement is the next week when you put more weight on. Now I’ve spent two paragraphs on this now and some of you are probably wondering what the hell I’m on about and what this has to do with business and marketing. Well let me tell you who better brace yourself for this one because when you realise this is true you will either jump for joy now that you’ve found the asker or kick yourself in the foot. Now don’t thank me for this one thank Marc Dussault as he was the first person to put this in front of my eyes so clearly.

Now this secret will most likely equally apply to you whether you are an employee, self employed or a business owner and if you really want to take your finances up a notch I’d it’s worth taking some time to think about it. Now like me who is working in the gym Monday to Friday most of you are in an office or the equalivent working in your business Monday through Friday. Now there is only one problem with working in your business, your not working on your business!!!

“There is only one problem with working in your business, it’s that you’re not working on your business”

Now if it hasn’t already clicked what I’m talking about it here then I’m elaborate what I mean. Most of us whether it be employers, employees, or business owners spend all our time working in our business, whether it be in the printing industry, a café, a mechanic, an IT business whatever, we mainly are focused on building, creating and selling those particular products and services and doing the necessary business paper work and transactions and paperwork to stay in business and hopeful make a profit. What most of us aren’t doing is working on our business, we are always looking from the inside out rather than the outside in.

Now the thing is once you get stuff IN your business it can often be quiet hard to stick your head OUT of your business even for a moment in time to get an accurate snapshot of your business which can provide you with the feedback you need to improve and growth your business. Perhaps as our day to day lives get busier and busier with an overload of cores and activities this is why now in the past five years more than ever we have seen such high demand for consulting services. People want to have more spare time to travel and spent with friends and family they still want a great financially rewarding career which often means going into business. What they fail to understand is that being a business owner really means you are just that a business owner. Your job is to marketing the business, be the figurehead, promote it, build in up and grow it exponentially first and foremost and secondly if it’s a small business and you need to be involved in producing your product or service [i.e. a Doctor or mechanic or similar business] then it’s producing that good or service. Most business owner’s do things the other what around, so they would be a great doctor rather than a great business owner of a surgery.

That’s all for now


Signed with success,


Peter Laurent

No comments:

Blog Archive