This blog will slowly reveal some of the most powerful secrets know and used in the marketing community to date. This blog will discuss everything from opt in email newsletters, to copywriting, to direct mail with a focus on business growth strategies to make small businesses into large ones. It will also show ways of transforming businesses and watching them grow exponentially by in particular how to improve lead creation and conversion systems already in place.

Friday, July 28, 2006

*** Young Marketer Caught With His Pants down***
So there I was Wednesday night at the Sydney airport it's late in the night and I'm waiting for the last flight out of Sydney to Brisbane. I decide to pay a little visit to the mens room as my flight seemed to be an eternity away from boarding. So there I am enjoying my privacy when I here the fateful call, last call for Mr Peter Laurent your plane is boarding from gate number 40. I am suddenly flustered and a sudden sense of emerging panick came over me as I wasn't planning on playing a cameo role as Tom Hanks in The Terminal. As I am rushing out the bathroom door belt still out done the flight attend is making her final call for me and they are preparing to close those big glass doors you walk through before you board the plane, but alas I made it just in the nick of time.


Now after a few days I think back on it and of course laugh about it but the reality is for a lot of people and more importantly for us in the business world a lot of businesses it's not that uncommon to be caught metaphorically with our pants down. Of course all of us in the online marketing world know the importance of having both a business and marketing plan. Most of us know the importance of using an industry proven business strategy and the importance of integrating your marketing efforts as a way of accentuating your unique selling point. However, what I've realised after spending four hours with Marc Dussaults and the Jay Abraham Asia Pacific guys in Sydney is the importance of putting own vast knowledge into action. Most of us in the marketing community have all the knowledge needed to capapult as and our employers, clients and business partners towards massive growth and vast wealth the only kicker is only a select few are reaping the rewards for their efforts.

Through out this blog I will endeavour to share with you so of the ins and outs of my business ventures and some of the successes and shortcomings. Some of the stuff I share will most likely be pretty candid as well as extremely powerful. I will try and dispell some of myths spread by others in the marketing community to make sure that you never get caught with your pants down like I did.

Signed with success,

Peter Laurent

No comments:

Blog Archive